Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Blog 1: Week 5 Digital Storytelling

By time the 5th week came around came around in my Introduction to Educational Technology class, I thought all the information was very helpful and worth learning. The week I will have to say was the most fun week since we learned about digital technology and different tools and applications we can use for digital storytelling. For our week’s assignment we had to use a digital storytelling applicant and create a story of own. I used the GoAnimate and was very pleased with the capabilities I had with this application, and was able to use character, have them in motion or express different facial expression, and do different special effects. With that I created and story where I husband was watching a game and his wife interrupts his games with questions.

Digital Storytelling applications are really some fun and amazing application to use. In regards to my area of study, Business/Finance, I can use this to some advantages but I think it goes better in the educational field but also for personal use as well. Most people use these types of applications to share messages and funny or interesting stories with family or friends, or to pass on some educational information in a very unique and more amusing way. Even though I think I will be able to use such applications in not so serious situations to loosing up and enjoy time with my co-workers.

Digital storytelling seems to be a major discussion in the educational field. I found this website where teachers can inform themselves on how to use digital storytelling to enhance learning since we are in the digital time. Students are much more in tuned to different social networking tools such as YouTube, where they watch videos for several hours for different reasons. Why not use digital technology to tell stories in order for students to learn. Even though digital story seems to be a major tool for educational purpose, you can still use it for other reason. Here is the link to this website a mentioned. http://teachingteachers.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment