Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Blog 1: Week 2 Mac OS

Thus far in my class EME 2040, also known as introduction to educational technology, I will have to say many of the information presented have been very interesting and worth knowing. In the Second week of class some material that presented was about using the Mac Operating system. I honestly can count the amount of times I have used a Mac on one hand, so I did not know how to use it very well and what it was capable of. Now from this week’s information I now know different features on the desktop such as the dock and the menu bar, how to navigate and such through folders, and how to perform shortcuts using the command key. I'll have to say I enjoy using the MAC OS because it's a lot more fun and cool, and you can multitask a lot better on the Mac than on Windows OS. This week’s information was very beneficial.

According to my Instructor Nate, the Mac OS will be very prevalent in the world's future working environment so it’s very important to know how to use one. I really do think that it's important for people in most job fields that use a computer, knows how to us a Mac OS. The reason for this because there had been a dramatic increase in Mac usage around the world. Everywhere I look now I constantly see Mac computers like I have never before. For my industry which is the Business/Finance field I do think it will be beneficial to use a Mac because to me you can manage, access and store file with ease, they a becoming much more portable with products like the iPad and iPhone, and Macs honestly just seems to be the future's computers.

To supports my case of why Mac OS might be better than Windows OS, I found this article name "PC vs. Mac: The Straight up Scoop"(http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/02/23/pc-vs-mac-the-straight-scoop/). In the article it talks about why Macs usually cost more than Windows and one of the reason was because how much better Mac's OS was than Window's. Even when Windows came out with its latest updates Windows 7, many computer users still gave to edge to Mac's OS X 10.6. While Windows are known to crash and attacked buy viruses, Mac users a very content and have minor complaints about its operating system. With Mac you get what you pay, which is quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment